Mission and Vision
RDA SA provides horse riding and associated activities as therapy, sport and active recreation for people with disabilities.
Strategic Vision 2010 - 2015
By 2015, we aim for all RDA SA services to be integrated across the state maximising the use of all resources for the benefit of riders and to serve as a sound platform for growth.
- Planned. All of the actions of RDA staff and volunteers will be designed to assist riders in their continuous development.
- Volunteer driven. RDA is dependent on the generosity of its volunteers. We appreciate and support their contributions.
- Professionalism. All RDA staff and volunteers to display the highest levels of professionalism towards riders, their families, each other and RDA SA resources.
- Empathy. Staff and volunteers will display respect and empathy towards riders and their families.
- Safe environment. All those who enter an RDA facility will feel physically and emotionally safe.
- To strengthen unity within RDA SA throughout its centres and membership
- To seek continuous improvement of governance, administration and financial management at all levels of the organisation
- Modelling and Benchmarking
- To substantiate the value of RDA SA services as measurable data
- Funding & fundraising
- To develop independent income streams to support specific activities and projects
- To encourage and help all centres achieve sheltered and shaded riding arenas, with an aim of at least four centres having such by 2014.
- Centres of Excellence
- Centres to aspire towards the next (higher) standard as defined by RDAA accreditation
- To improve practices of managing each centre
- Education and Therapy
- To facilitate hippotherapy services to be provided by each centre
- Integration and Engagement
- Rider participation in national competitions
- Communication and Promotion
- Improved efficiencies in communicating with our stakeholders