RDA O'Halloran Hill
Previously known as RDA Blackwood
Majors Road, O'Halloran Hill.
Rider & Centre Enquiries Ph: 08 8296 6899, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Enquiries Ph: 08 8376 2134, email: email@example.com
5 Esther Drive, Woodcroft SA 5162
Provides horse riding only. Sessions: Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
Contact the centre or RDA SA state office to make a tax-deductible donation to help us create a briliant new centre for our riders with disabilities.
Newsletters from OHH
December 2012 newsletter now available.
September 2012 newsletter.
Thanks to many people and companies...
Here are some of the people, companies, government departments and friends who have helped achieve the Vision so far:
- The Hon. Jennifer Rankin MP, Minister for Disability Services, who granted $30,000 in January 2009. This was used to dismantle the indoor arena from the old Blackwood site, to be rebuilt at O'Halloran Hill. When the arena is finally rebuilt, our riders will again have all-weather shelter and shade, and won't have to miss lessons because it's too hot or too wet and windy.
- The Taxi Council of SA - donation of $2,000
- Access Cabs - donated $2,000
- HomeStart Finance - Donated $20,000
- Karidis Corporation - $5,000 donation
- Blackwood Lions - $40,000 donation to be used to rebuild the covered arena (eventually)
- Boral Products - reduced price for sand and mineral products used on site
- Office for Recreation and Sport - grants for
- Administration building ($31K, to be matched $for$ by RDA, including in kind)
- Stables & General building ($100K, to be matched $for$ by RDA, including in kind)
- Disability accessible toilet - Chemloo $6,600
- Emergency grant towards power and water connection ($20K)
- Arena surface ($18,000)
- Marion Council - $2,000 donation towards a ramp
- Australian Army Reserve 3rd Field Sqn for in kind work to the estimated value of $60K in 2009
- Community Benefit SA - $8,000 for horse shelters
- Springfield Small Charities - $10,000 towards a disabled access toilet
- BankSA Marion branch - $1,000
- Office for Recreation and Sport - emergency funding
- $20K towards plumbing and power
- Electel Resources - $2,500 donation
- John Rekman - REKO's SKIP BINS - free use of industrial skips to take away site refuse on an ongoing basis
- Kennards Hire - for donating use of "whacker" onsite December 2010
- SAPOT training
- Target Work students
- Club One - $1,000 for gyprock (Admin Building)
And the list continues to grow!
Earth moves with the Australian Army
3rd Field Squadron volunteers share vision for riders
Facilities for our Riders
What lies ahead
All donations are appreciated, whether cash, in kind or labour.